Astronomy Packet: 2
All the planets except for Mercury and Venus have a system of moons. Think about that. Nine planets circle the Sun, most of those planets have moons which circle them. That is a lot of worlds. There are over 90 known worlds in the Solar System.
The only difference between a planet and a moon is that a planet circles the Sun while a moon circles a planet. Everything else about them is similar. Seven of the moons in our Solar System are even bigger than some of the planets. There are moons with atmospheres, volcanoes and even oceans.
Assignment # 3:
Click Here to find the answers to the following questions:
1. Which planet is the biggest?
2. Which planet is the smallest?
3. What are the names of the moons of Mars?
4. What does Uranus mean?
5. Which planet has a giant storm which is at least 300 years old?
6. Which planets have rings?
7. Which moon has active volcanoes?
8. What is the name of the largest asteroid?
9. Which asteroid has its own moon?
10. What is the name of the largest volcano in the Solar System?
11. Which planet has the hottest average temperature?
12. Which planet is closest to the Earth?
13. Which moon has an extremely thick atmosphere?
14. What causes Solar Flares and Sun Spots?
15. Is the Sun on fire?